Due to the high bandwidths available, frequencies in the so-called E band between 71 and 76 gigahertz (GHz) and between 81 and 86 GHz are particularly suitable for terrestrial applications with high bit rates.
In addition, the comparatively low attenuation of electromagnetic waves due to atmospheric influences in this frequency range allows high transmission distances.
Siklu's Gigabit radio relay solutions operate in the license-free 60 GHz band as well as the license-required 70/80 GHz band and offer full-duplex bandwidths of up to 2 Gigabits per second. The Siklu outdoor solution is designed for distances of several kilometers and allows an extremely unobtrusive installation due to the small dimensions of 30-60 cm and integrated antennas. As a complete outdoor radio relay solution with integrated PoE power supply, as well as the installation by our experienced system technicians, the quick and easy commissioning at your site is guaranteed.
Siklu's EhterHaul is a carrier class high performance E-band radio relay system that dramatically reduces wireless backhaul costs while increasing throughput. The system is based on an all-silicon design, which consists of few components and offers greater reliability and tremendous cost savings. The low power consumption as well as the cost-effective licensed E-band 80 GHz spectrum also contribute to reducing the overall cost.
- 2 Gbps throughput
- The most deployed millimeter wave radios in 2012. Selected for wireless backhaul Tier1 operators worldwide.
- Operates in a licensed, reliable and cost-efficient 80 GHz E-band spectrum
- Revolutionary all-silicon design offers the industry's lowest price
- High reliability with advanced interference free / error free adaptive bandwidth, coding and modulation (ABCM).
- Enhanced Timing-overPacket handling (SyncE, 1588) allows migration to packet-based backhaul
- Carrier-class availability and resilience with extended ring, mesh and link aggregation (1+1,2+0)
- Standards-based for seamless integration into existing networks and multi-vendor interoperability
Green design - ultra-low power consumption, zero footprint, all-outdoor, extremely light weight
- Quick and easy installation requires minimal site preparation
- Winner of the "Frost & Sullivan 2011 European Gigabit Ethernet Radios New Product Innovation Award".
With the 60 and 70/80 GHz solutions from Siklu, our customers have many advantages both commercially and technically: Commercially we are talking about an unbeatable price-performance ratio for the systems, technically Siklu develops and produces the systems itself and can offer the best directional radio result on the market due to the new "all-silicon technology".
Interference, i.e. interference in the radio signal, is occurring more and more in urban areas, where license-free 5 GHz links were previously the first choice. Times have changed a lot, however, because the 5 GHz radio spectrum cannot be occupied as often as desired. So when all channels are full with 5 GHz applications, there is very large interference - and that impacts bandwidth and availability. The situation is completely different in the 60 and 70/80 GHz bands: Siklu's 60 and 70/80 GHz solutions in particular provide much more spectrum bandwidth than all 5 GHz or 6 to 42 GHz frequency bands combined.
The very small aperture angle of the antennas also offers another advantage, as we can place very many systems side by side in a small space - such as a radio tower. Another advantage is the bandwidths that can be transmitted in the 60 and 70/80 GHz bands. Currently, we see a minimum bandwidth of 500 MBit/s up to 2 GBit/s fullduplex transmission bandwidth in most projects. Thus, we at LanCologne are well prepared for trouble-free operation and high bandwidths for the requirements of today and tomorrow.
Source & more information at: